Sunday, October 30, 2011

SNEAKERS & STUFF

Those who know me are probably very much aware about my slight addiction for designer sneakers. I have them in different colors and brands, ranging from V ave Shoe Repair, Rick Owens, Acne, to J.Lindeberg, Alexander Mcqueen for Puma, Nike and Converse Jack Purcell. Yet, even if they have different names, they can actually often be seen as "one big happy family". Seeing them all together it´s not all that hard to see what style exactly it is I like. At this stage in my life I just can´t picture myself wearing anything else (besides my original Navajo mocassins that is), especially now that designer sneakers became more of a hybrid between sportswear and dressed shoes. Thus explaining why most of my sneakers are in the end not at all that practical for actual running and doing sports, unless I´d like to totally mess them up.
My favorite pair is still the Mihara Yasuhiro for puma black patent leather sneakers. But, to add a new element to the collection, I decided to break the pattern slightly during my recent trip to Tokyo. So I now bought myself a pair of Adizero feather light (thus the name) Adidas sneakers in neon "pinkish cerise" with blue shoelaces ... kinda 80´s. For once these are actually real running sneakers and yes, the 80´s color setting is of course also to feel young and fresh... which I totally am of course, duh! (30? what? who? me??? Isn´t that the new 20 anyway?)

Well anyhow, all this just to say that sneaker business became a very interesting section of the market during the last 10 years! I still remember my very first pair of real designer sneakers... a pair of Bikkembergs black suède sneakers which had to be closed with 3 black elastics which went all around the foot. Back in the days it took me all my pocket money to purchase them, but they rocket big time!

No comments:

Post a Comment