Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Prometheus :: Tron Legacy :: the ultimate body suits

Just seen Ridley Scott´s "Prometheus". Was ok within its genre, but most inspiring part -for what I´m concerned- was the costumes. I have this thing for space bodysuits... Half a year ago, I designed a "muscle body suit" myself (as a futuristic couture outfit for the host of the Swedish Style awards). There´s something really great about those super tight bodysuits, with muscle fit linear detailing and contrast colors & materials. I love how it accentuates the strength in the body. It makes one more body conscious, more gracious and powerful. Lucky strike for me to then amongst others also be able to design the new menswear running tights for H&M (as part of the functional mens sportswear collection, which H&M will launch in shops next week!). Prometheus did well, but didn´t beat Tron Legacy, which is still leading my personal favorites, both for it´s space suits and for the fabulous Daft Punk soundtrack! What would your futuristic body suit look like?

top illustrations :: couture design by Halewijn Bulckaen
2nd & 3rd picture :: PROMETHEUS
all other pictures :: TRON LEGACY

No comments:

Post a Comment