Tuesday, May 15, 2012

ADAY.ORG

Today I participated in a world wide photo project called "A DAY". The concept is really easy; on may 15th (today), people all around the world can upload pictures to the project, showing their daily life and surrounding. This as a time capsule for generations to come. I send in pictures for the categories; work :: home :: inspiration wall :: nature&elements and food. I love projects like that, and I find it actually pretty funny to see my daily life in a nutshell.

If anything, it actually does make me think; I like my life! But I wonder; what will someone think about them when seeing those pictures within, let´s say, 300 years??


all pictures by halewijn bulckaen for ADAY.org
----------------
>> update 09.11.2012 :: Release Event for "A Day In The World"@ Kulturhuset - Stockholm

A couple of months after I send in my contribution I got contacted with the fun news that one of my pictures got selected for the book "A Day In The World". Out of 100.000 pictures, 1000 images got selected to be published in the book. Felt really cool to be part of that (even if my image was tiny small;-)), and slightly surreal that this picture will now also be in the time capsule which they´ll make. That time capsule is in fact a futuristic looking metal design which will contain all the pictures, and will be placed deep inside the Falun copper mine in Sweden. ...so within some hundred years someone might dig the thing up and discover what this world and life looked like on may 15th 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment